Saturday, June 4, 2011

Homeschool Playdate












Even though I feel good about our choice to homeschool, I still have a little sadness sometimes that my boys miss out on a lot of the fun social aspects of being in traditional school.

Yesterday, my boys got a chance to experience some of those simple pleasures. We had a another homeschool family over for a playdate. It just so happens, they are dealing with sensory issues as well.

It's the type of playdate I've always envisioned....we conducted science projects and looked through the microscope, we studied a snake and drew pictures, we sculpted playdough and swam in the pool, we read books and ate lunch, and we had lots of unstructured cooperative play time.

To the kids, it was all fun. To me and the other mom it was heartwarming. It was a good day, and I hope to have lots more homeschooling playdates just like this one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment