Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tic-Tac-Toe and Good Sportsmanship

















Big Brother has recently learned to play tic-tac-toe. Little Brother is learning, and the two of them can play together if I help a little.

We've been practicing good sportsmanship:
  • taking turns politely
  • being a good looser, and saying nice things to the winner such as:
    "congratulations!"and "isn't it nice to win?"
  • being a good winner, and saying nice things to the looser such as:
    "what a good game!" and "you are a fierce competitor!"
  • always do your best
This last one is a big one for me, because I sometimes feel uncomfortable with winning. I intend to help my children find a good balance between being overly competitive and allowing others to win just to be nice.

I'm so excited to think of all the fun we'll have playing games in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment