Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flour Sifter

















Big Brother helped me make our dinner last night, Vegetarian Lentil Pot Pie.  He's actually becoming quite useful in the kitchen, and I'm getting better at relinquishing control.

My Montessori class has taught me a lot about the importance of not interfering too much. This has been a challenge for me because (much like my children) I like to do it myself!

Last night he sifted flour (a great fine motor activity).

I also gave him some extra dough to make pie crust cookies. I gave him a rolling pin, cookie cutters, and a cookie sheet and walked away.  I was impressed at how well he managed without me hovering over his shoulder. Lesson learned for Mommy!

It seems like a good time to put out this flour sifter activity. I'm sure there will be lots of flour in the school room this week, but that's what the vacuum is for, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment